Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

The kids, and we did too, loved having a long weekend. We spent most of our time with the Tuckers and their boys.

The boys came over on Friday and spent the night with us and had fun at the firepit, playing wii and hanging out.

Then Scott and I got the night off on Saturday and the kids went and spent the night at the Tuckers. So we went out.

After Scott got done with the basketball games Saturday, we thought of dinner and a movie. So we headed off to Chili's, (Thanks Mom and Dad for the certificate!) And enjoyed dinner. We had to wait a bit, about an hour before we got seated. But since the movie wasn't until 9:20, we figured why not. So we waited, ate a nice meal and had a good time at dinner.

Well, I will say that we're or at least I'm getting older. After dinner, Oh by the way, before dinner, we stopped by the theater to get tickets and the line was so far out the door, we thought to get them after dinner. It was so cold I didn't want to wait outside.

So after dinner, we're both full, it's about 8:50. We have plenty of time before the show right? Well, all I really wanted at that point was my bed. So I mentioned that we just head home and watch a movie in bed. So that's what we decided to do. And on our way, we noticed that line was still way out the door at the theater to purchase tickets.

So let me tell you how exciting we are. :) We got home, got changed into our pajama's and we CRASHED! We were both so tired. You know you're getting old when your kids are gone and all you want to do is go to sleep. :) But we sure felt great the next day!

No comments: