Friday, February 27, 2009

Clemson!

Scott learned that Liberty was going to be competeing the Big South Championship indoor meet at Clemson. So we packed up the school van with some of the track team that got permission to go, loaded up Sean and Asia and headed off.



We got there after a two hour drive and just in time to see Travis Rogers, a boy who graduated last year compete in the hammer throw. They call it the weight in indoors. The hammer is too light to throw in an indoor facility and would go too far. So that was neat to see him compete at the next level.



And we also got to see some faces we hadn't seen in a long time. Michael Prettyman introduced us to his wife of three years. They live in Tenn. We also got to see Coach Tolsma and Mrs. Tolsma, Lance Bingham, Pete McFadden and a lot of new faces.





Being in that atmospher was pretty exciting. It was great watching, especially the jumpers. I didn't realise I missed it as much as I did. It sure was fun

The kids didn't enjoy it as much though. They pretty much starved the whole day. We didn't bring enough snacks I guess. Breakfast wore off pretty fast even though I made them pancakes, bacon and omelettes. Growing I think. But they were hungry by the time we got there which was 11. The meet didn't end up getting done with until around 4. So they went through all the apples, and goodies I packed in a matter of seconds it seems. Sean didn't "suffer" nearly as bad as Asia. I think he was enjoying just being out of school and being with his daddy.



But then once the me meet got over, the kids got play around on the vault pit and so some flips. That definitely added to the joy.





So afterwards we all went to CiCi's Pizza and all was saved. Asia ate three pieces of pizza and a cinnamon roll and Sean, well I'm not sure how much he ate. But it was a lot.

So now we're home again back to our routine. Sean's playing bass pro fishing on the wii, Asia was asleep before we got home and Scott put her right to bed. And Scott's in la la land. He needs it.

No comments: