Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kim and I headed down to Hinesville on Friday to celebrate J's birthday early with him. Since his birthday fell on Monday, we thought to do it early.

The kids were going to come with us but Scott ended up taking them up to North Carolina to see Scott's cousin's daughter, Chelsea play basketball and see the rest of the Queen clan. So Johnny came up on Wednesday and they all packed up and took off on Thursday.

I didn't have to work on Thursday or Friday, so I was able to get prepped for JJ's birthday, cake, ribs, etc.

So by the time Kim and I got to J's, it was about 9:00 and we were starving. And being the good brother that he is, he had ordered us Chinese. YUM! So we stayed up a bit, chatted and being the old one, I got tired and went to bed just a bit earlier than Kim and J.







The next day, some of his buddies, their wives, and kids came over and we all ate and celebrated J's birthday with ribs, mac and cheese that Kim made, yum, corn on the cob and then cake for dessert.





We all hung around J's new fire pit too that he got for his present. And actually, when Kim and I got there on Friday, he was already using it. I think he likes it. But he needs to find a cheaper way to get firewood.

1 comment:

Laura said...

In the first pic of your brother he is smiling JUST LIKE YOU DO!

It made me laugh!