Sunday, June 28, 2009

ELEVEN


Scott and I went to Panama City for our 11th. We left for Florida Wednesday evening with the kids and headed to Tallahassee. We spent the night there with Laura and Johnny and then the two of us took off (yup, left the kids with Mamaw and Papaw) on Thursday around noon.

A friend of Scott's generously let us use their condo at the beach. Thank you, thank you Jerry! Scott and I had such a great time!


With traffic and checking in, we ended finally getting in our room about 5 that day. We decided to relax in the room, (still full from a late lunch), headed down to the pool, sat and enjoyed the late evening sun. And Scott heard about a movie being played on the beach that night. So once we got cleaned up, we grabbed our beach chairs and walked down to the boardwalk. The Wonderous Emporium of Mr. Magorium was playing. We had already seen it with the kids. But it was fun seeing any movie outside on the beach.

Pretty much, the days were filled with lazy mornings with breakfast burritos and coffee. And yes, Scott drank it too. I think I've finally converted him. Then reading by the pool, me under the umbrella or in the shade of course with late lunches. And if we were on the beach, Scott set up the big umbrella for me. And only he got in the ocean. You never know what's going to jump up and grab you or in Mom's case, your toe. Remember the crab? The only bummer was that I was hoping to see a yellow umbrella cart on the beach with frozen lemonade. None to be seen. Well, I made up for it with all the other junk we ate.



We also got to eat some really yummy food. And being the fact that we were a small party of 2, we got seated almost immediately at dinner time. The first night we went to a small seafood restaurant called Scampi's. We will definitly be back. The food was really good and had a fun atmosphere.


The second night we went to Angelo's Steakhouse. Scott and I are both meatatarians so we were both in the mood for red meat. We got seated right away and had a fantastic server. Scott ordered crab fingers for our appetizer. Can't go to the gulf and not get crab right? And then we pigged out.


We had a really nice time. And I can hardly wait until we're able to take another short trip together. Happy Anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am so happy you had a good time! Yay for what looked like a great anniversary trip!!