Well actually it's not a secret and it's in plain view, but it is my attempt at one. I've been dabbling in horticulture for the past few years now and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Parsley is pretty much a diva in my opinion. It's quite particular about temperature and wants it just right, not too hot and would prefer cool weather.
Basil is super fun, easy going, goes with the flow. But like Kim, if it gets too cold, it calls it a day. Warm sunny days are its friend. I have some other fun things growing on my deck too. And Scott would love for me to move my "garden" near the edge of our wooded area. But it's so handy just being able to go out the kitchen door, grab and snip what I need and be right back in my kitchen. Don't think I'll be making the move any time soon.
I am going to try my hand at strawberries this year. Last year my seedlings died. I drowned them. And it was unintentional too I might add. I planted the seeds and then we had a torrential down pour the very next day. We weren't home at the time so I wasn't able to move them to a protected spot. Anyway, we'll see how they do this year. But so far they look pretty good.

No comments:
Post a Comment