Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. We sure have a lot to be thankful for. God sure is good and there has been blessings all around.

Johnny and Laura got to come up this year to celebrate with us! Sean and Asia were beside themselves, Asia especially about their arrival. They got here yesterday evening. Scott had a big fire out back and they hung out at the pit for a bit while I finished up in the kitchen with my prep work.

We had appetizers at 11 for about an hour. I put them away at noon so we wouldn't be too full for dinner. And we did save some for Kim and JJ to enjoy before we ate. And yes there are five pies on the counter. I ended up making 2 cherry, an apple, sweet potato and a chocolate pecan pie. And I made 2 cherry pies because I feared I had messed the first one up so I made another just to be sure.

JJ and Kim got here one after the other, Kim near 1 and JJ about 1:30. It was really good seeing both of them. So while I finished cooking we hung out and chatted and everybody got to catch up with the two of them.


After we ate, JJ passed out on the couch but he didn't get to sleep long. We sat down for pie and coffee. But J opened one eye, saw where we all were and opted to get more shut eye instead. I guess he figures he knows where to find them (pies) when he needed them.


So Kim had to head out since she was doing Thanksgiving with Kendle's family too. So we got the basket out and we all decorated the tree together. Now the house is festive, like it wasn't before. But now it's all done, sans the lights on the roof of the house. I didn't crawl up on the roof this year. But that's okay. It means less work for me.

Anyway, everybody is asleep now. I'm still up, dead tired but happy. And tomorrow will be a new day.

No comments: