Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rock Eagle


Sean's 3rd grade class had an overnight field trip to Rock Eagle 4H camp. We left on a Tuesday morning and came back home Wednesday afternoon. When we arrived, we checked into the cabins, ate lunch and then the classes broke off into core groups for the activities. The boy Sean is sitting next to in the white tee is Michael Bell. He's a boy in his class and football team.

Rock Eagle is actually and old pioneer site that used be an Indian stomping ground. But when pioneers settled there and had their farms etc. they preserved the Rock Eagle that the Indians had created long ago. It was pretty intersting.



But the kids learned herpetology, and got to see some really neat snakes and amphibians. They learned about pioneer tools and got to use some of the tools that were used long ago.



And then the funnest part of the trip in my opionion was when the kids learned how to canoe. Sean and I were on the lake for a good hour and we went on a scavenger hunt while out there. We saw some pretty cool wildlife like a Silver Herring, different ducks and some vegitation. We never did see the turtles though.





It was a bit painful (literally) eating the camp food. At one point, Sean said, "Mama, I can't eat this anymore." But hey, what can you say? It's camp food. I did however did escape with one of the mothers and we ate out on Tuesday night for dinner. We were back in time for the trading post for the boys to get a couple things.

But Sean and I had a great time going. It was great for me since I never really get a chance to do stuff with just the two of us. Scott is usually the one who gets to do all of the fun stuff. So I was really excited when Sean said that he wanted me to go with him this time. It was pretty special.

No comments: