

Thanksgiving was so much fun. J.J was able to come up for a couple days and Kim came down for the better part of the day. We ate way too much food or should I say that J.J did. And then he and Scott slept it off. The kids and I had fun in the kitchen painting Christmas decorations, dough ornaments, while the guys snoozed.
But all in all, I was totatlly in my element baking up a storm and getting ready for the big dinner. But I do have to admit that we almost didn't have a turkey. Here's what happened.
Wednesday morning I was feeling really good about myself being so organized for Thursday's dinner. As I was getting ready for the day, I was going over in my mind the things I had to do, my last minute preparations. So as I was going down my list in my head I told myslef to bring up the Showtime for the turkey when all of a sudden I realized I hadn't taken the bird out of the freezer!
I let out a blood curdling scream to which Scott ran in to find me in a panic. But once my heart had returned from the pit of my stomach, I was able to find online how to safely quick thaw a turkey. Phew! As always, pride comes before a fall. Thank goodness for google and helpful strangers to post much needed information in times of near crisis. :)
But the meal turned out well. The company was great. I just wish the whole family could've been together. But I'm thankful for the family I have near me that I can see on a pretty regular basis. And I'm hopeing we'll get together soon.
Thanksgiving is over and now for Christmas! Wow, only three weeks away.

No comments:
Post a Comment