Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day

You know how it is, the weather man says snow and I say, "Yeah right".

In the news we heard that this big snow storm was coming our way. All winter we kept hearing threats of snow and we even got a day off from school because of icy conditions but no snow. The northern part of the state got quite a bit of snow but that's to be expected, but not down here. It's a fun suprise if we get even a dusting.


So when we heard that this storm front was coming to GA, we, I was a bit skeptical. Then the news said, 1 to 3 inches and then it went up to 3 to 5. We ended up with 6 inches in our area!

School was cancelled even before the first flake hit the ground. Yesterday morning, it was cloudy and overcast but dry as a bone. Even late morning, nothing had happened.


Then I went to a lunch meeting that lasted an hour. And when I walked out of the conference room, boy was it coming down. It reminded me of home it was so pretty. By 2 there was quite a bit of accumulation on the ground. My boss came and told us all to take off and go home which I was more than happy to do. I wasn't too sure about driving on the roads with GA drivers. Every time stuff falls from the sky, the crazies come out in people and they go nuts on the road. It's quite scary really. So I was a bit nervous about going home with them on the road but didn't want to wait too long as the snowfall was getting heavier.




When I got home, Asia has already had about 5 outfit changes from what Scott said. Sean was willing to freeze and get frostbite I think. But both kids have been out all day when it first stared to snow. And they've been out for most of the day today.


From what I hear, it's supposed to snow again Sunday evening. We'll see. We haven't gone anywhere, well we really couldn't have if we wanted to. Our driveway was too icy. So hot chocolate and chili was on the menu pretty much all day. I started the chili last night and Scott's been eating on it since breakfast.

No comments: