Welcome the two newest members of the Queen family. The kids ahve been wanting pets for the longest time. I've always said no for numerous reasons. But today, that all changed.
A friend of mine has Beta's and they're so pretty. She told me a bunch about them and I figured the kids would love some. So early Christmas present, we went to Petsmart and Sean and Asia both picked their Beta, Chinese Fighting Fish.
We found some pretty glass vases at Marshalls, and brought the fish home.
The entire way home, the kids went back and forth on what to name them. Jack, Nosean, Jackson, Flash, Superman, to name a few.
Anyway, Spartacus, the blue one, Sean's fish, and Marino, the red figher, Asia's fish are all settled and happy I think.
What's interesting is that while watching, I noticed that the fish "see" each other and want to fight. So Marino, will bump the glass trying to get to Spartacus. Spartacus is a bit more laid back while Marino is definitely a hot head.
The fish go at it for a bit through the glass and then take a break. I may have to move the vases to different locations if they're working themselves up to much.

No comments:
Post a Comment