Saturday, April 04, 2009

Game Day!

It's been raining almost none stop it seems for the past couple of weeks. Asia has hardly had practice and the first game was actually cancelled last weekend. But thank goodness, the sun came out yesterday and dried out the fields somewhat. So let the games begin!


Her game time was 9 this morning. And let me tell you. It's no where as intense as football. We showed up at 8:30 prior to game time to be ready and check in with coach. Well, we were the first ones there. And when I mean first, the only other people there were two church members setting up the fields. Her coach ended up getting there just after 9. So now we know that we can show up at game time and we'll be okay.


Well, the game got started and Asia was on the bench for the first "round". When she got in the game, she kind of stood around, ran a little but mostly watched the other kids kick the ball around. She touched the ball one time the first time she got in.



The second time around, I thinnk she found her sea legs because she was all over the field. She was in and out of clusters, pushing and fighting her way through. I was so proud. She really got aggressive and went after the ball. She almost scored near the end of the game and was driving down the field and was all alone when the buzzer sounded. Next time.




And Sean was definitely the proud big brother. He actually stopped what he was doing, playing with buddies, to watch his sister play. I think he yelled loudest out of everyone there including me. He gave her pointers when she would come off the field and was encouraging her the entire time.


And Sean did get a hair cut a couple weeks ago. He surprised me as I was in the kitchen. But if you ask me, I think Sean misses his long hair. He can't do his break his neck while swinging his hair out of his face thing anymore.

1 comment:

hayvanaq said...

I'm so proud of my little soccer player. She looks adorable in her uniform. I'm also proud of her big brother. Will he be a coach like his mom and dad? Most likely.